On Wednesday 19 October 2016 16:22:59 Krzysztof wrote:

> > Maybe overriding "drawimage()" is better.
>
> Thanks, now it is working, almost. When tree item is selected then seems
> that different "draw" method is called because my text disappear but
> caption is drawed. Which one is it?

If the widget is focused the caption will be drawn by TInplaceEdit.

"
procedure titemedit.dopaintforeground(const acanvas: tcanvas);
begin
 if fvalue <> nil then begin
  doextendimage(acanvas.drawinfopo,flayoutinfofocused.imageextra);
 end;
 inherited;
 if fvalue <> nil then begin
  if fgridintf <> nil then begin
   acanvas.rootbrushorigin:= fgridintf.getbrushorigin;
   flayoutinfofocused.rowindex:= fgridintf.grid.row;
  end;
  with tlistitem1(fvalue) do begin
   drawimage(flayoutinfofocused,acanvas);
   if feditor.lasttextclipped then begin
    include(fstate1,ns1_captionclipped);
   end
   else begin
    exclude(fstate1,ns1_captionclipped);
   end;
  end;
 end;
end;
"
You can draw your text in drawimage() but I don't know how to elegantly update
the layout.
Tomorrow. :-)