> OK, you don't want a list of MSEgui features but a list of
> Unix/Linux/desktop-environment/graphical-environment - features of a given
> installation.

Yeeep, you get it. ;)

> That is a big task and out of scope of MSEgui I fear. I can't help you
> here.

OK, no problem, I am a warrior explorer.

> Your espeak-ng ./configure shows:

Yes.

But following:
https://www.devmanuals.net/install/ubuntu/ubuntu-17-04-lts-Zesty-Zapus/installing-espeak-ng-on-ubuntu17.04.html

sudo apt-get install espeak-ng (the "classical" way to install espeak-ng
executable) gives:
"espeak-ng package not found".

Taste and color is something very personal.

In my case, I prefer the architecture of espeak (that uses portaudio only,
without any exotic pcaudiolib or libsonic libraries).

Also for the quality of sound, my ears prefer the result of espeak vs
espeak-ng.

But, like I said earlier, it is a question of taste.
(And I prefer the original vs the copy, Coca-cola vs Pepsi-cola, Intel vs

;)

Fre;D

And the most