>> I think that I will stay happy with your workaround on pcaudiolib....

> Which workaround?

int
alsa_object_flush(struct audio_object *object)
{
        struct alsa_object *self = to_alsa_object(object);
        if (self && self->handle){
                snd_pcm_drop(self->handle);
        }
        if (!self) return 0;

        // Using snd_pcm_drop does not discard the audio, so reopen the device
        // to reset the sound buffer.
        if (self->is_open) {
                audio_object_close(object);
                        //this crashes write operation in other thread!
                return audio_object_open(object, self->format, self->rate,
self->channels);
        }

        return 0;
}