On Thursday 14 June 2018 11:46:53 Martin Schreiber wrote:

> Maybe you can also write that you love Mint and that Mint is the best Linux
> distribution ever or the like. I know that such adulation at least on
> Ubuntu is necessary in order to achieve anything. ;-)

Here the original questions I asked on Mint Forum:
"
Hi
I try to adapt MSEide+MSEgui
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mseide-msegui
to Linux Mint-Cinnamon. Additionally to the problems mentioned here:
viewtopic.php?f=206&t=251027
it seems that the only messages an application gets if a window is minimized
by clicking the '-' window frame button is a _NET_WM_STATE property change
event with _NET_WM_STATE_HIDDEN set. Is this intended?
That means that Cinnamon must be treated differently than other desktop
environments which makes the construction of a cross-platform and
cross-desktop GUI toolkit even more difficult.
How can a minimized window be showed in software? The only way I found is to
set the _NET_ACTIVE_WINDOW property which also looks a little bit special to
me. ;-)
Is it intended?
"
and
"
Hi,
I try to adapt MSEide+MSEgui
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mseide-msegui
for linux Mint-MATE and found that XReconfigureWMWindow() is broken.
In XReconfigureWMWindow() call stackmode "Below" windows are placed at the
bottom of the window stack instead just below the sibling. This makes it
impossible for clients to reliably set the window stacking order.
"
If a sibling and a stack_mode are specified, the window is restacked as
follows:

Above The window is placed just above the sibling.
Below The window is placed just below the sibling.
"
https://tronche.com/gui/x/xlib/window/c ... dowChanges
Also _NET_RESTACK_WINDOW does not work.
Where should I report the bugs?
Edit: It seems that the Cinnamon edition has the same problems. Do they use
the same window manager?
"
You see, I try to be as kind as possible. ;-)
Sadly I got no answer.