On 24/04/2019 14:12, fredvs wrote:
> Yes, but only source and compiling fpc is not my favorite game.

I have been using the same compilation script for the last 7 years and
it hasn't failed me yet. Just one reminder:

  A newer FPC may only be compiled with the latest _released_ FPC
  version.

My directory structure is as follows:

/data/devel/fpc-<ver>/
    +- src
    +- go.sh

Where <ver> is the version of FPC. ie: "fpc-3.0.4" or "fpc-3.2.0"
and "src" is where the source code is checked out or unpacked from a
archive.

I have one ~/.fpc.cfg which uses $fpcversion and $fpctarget instead of
hard-coded version numbers. So this file NEVER needs to change even if I
switch FPC versions.

=================[go.sh]===================
#!/bin/sh

TARGET_VER=3.2.0
TARGET=x86_64-linux
COMPILER=/data/devel/fpc-3.0.4/$TARGET/bin/ppcx64

cd src

make clean
make all FPC=$COMPILER OPT="-Fl/usr/local/lib"
make install INSTALL_PREFIX=/data/devel/fpc-$TARGET_VER/$TARGET
FPC=/data/devel/fpc-$TARGET_VER/src/compiler/ppcx64

Due to line wrapping, I've attached the go.sh script found in the
fpc-3.2.0 directory.

So after running go.sh it will build and install fpc into the same
directory structure as shown above. It is totally independent of Linux
package management. I also use the same structure for Linux, FreeBSD and
Windows.

Here is my complete directory layout of the FPC versions I test with:

/data/devel/fpc-2.6.4/
   +-go.sh
   +-src/
   +-x86_64-linux/
   +-x86_64-freebsd/
/data/devel/fpc-3.0.4/
   +-go.sh
   +-src/
   +-x86_64-linux/
   +-x86_64-freebsd/
/data/devel/fpc-3.2.0/
   +-go.sh
   +-src/
   +-x86_64-linux/
   +-x86_64-freebsd/

I deleted the fpc-2.6.2 compiler as I don't recompile 2.6.4 any more.

Regards,
  Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/