Hello Roland.

> Have you ever noticed that there is a /msemidi/ unit?

Yes but I never try it, so when you drink your beer, I will drink a
Coca-Cola with you.

In the past I did try to make work fpmidi but without luck.
It would be very great to have a (easy to work) midi interface for Linux.

MSE uses as audio-out PulseAudio for Linux.
It is great but not all systems has pulse-audio installed.

It is the reason why I prefer use PortAudio that can deal with lot of
audio-system, included PulseAudio.

For the audio-signal-fft MSE widgets, I did a audio interface that uses
PortAudio.
And will be very happy, after our drink, to do the same for midi MSE.

Cheers.