Thank you for your answer Fred.

I have never heard of fpmidi. Are you sure of the name?

> It would be very great to have a (easy to work) midi interface for Linux.

Do you think of something like connecting a keyboard to your computer and
playing music? I have tried that, with a USB keyboard, and found that it was
very complicated. I tried many softwares without success. Finally I managed,
with pain, to make my keyboard work with LMMS, but I have already forgotten
how I did.

An easier thing that I like to do is to create MIDI files from a sheet. I
was doing that with Anvil Studio, when I was using Windows. Not yet found an
equivalent that I managed to use on Linux.

I am trying to port to Pascal a funny little program that I found on
freebasic.net. It creates a MIDI file from a string using the syntax of the
QBasic PLAY command. My Pascal version has a bug that I am trying to find,
but it already works (more or less). I attach it here, in case you are
interested.

I have also read things about the ABC format, but not yet had time to start
studying it.

Regards.

Roland

play2mid2.zip