De : Sieghard via mseide-msegui-talk <mseide-msegui-talk@lists.sourceforge.net>
Envoyé : mercredi 21 septembre 2022 19:56
À : mseide-msegui-talk@lists.sourceforge.net
<mseide-msegui-talk@lists.sourceforge.net>
Cc : Sieghard <s_c_...@arcor.de>
Objet : Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] Fonts

Hallo mohamed hamza,

you wrote at Wed, 21 Sep 2022 10:36:20 +0000:

>       My question is about MseIde Guide.  In Fact, before Searching
> ( find in file: SumField ) in MseIde.lib the programmer have to know
> that this function exists !!! .That'why I believe there are other
> hiden procedures /  functions .

Sure, but they're not HIDDEN, they're just not (yet) documented. Please
keep in mind that mseide-msegui was the project of ONE SINGLE MAN quite
a time of its development, and when made public, mostly got feature
requests and very few contributions. Admittedly, the author (Martin)
usually fended off attempts from others to interfere with his
constructs. But as mostly developers, notoriously unwilling to
document (I know that, I do develop software myself), were the
participants of the development mailing lists, documentation remained
quite sparse...
In addition to the great documentation of Roland Chastin I mentioned,
there were a couple others as well, e.g. a contribution using the
"ancient" OS/2 help format by Graeme Geldenhuis (who seems to have
disppeared from here) and a PDF from Fred van Stappen, along with some
basic description from Martin Schreiber himself.
Anyway, writing REAL documentation for this project will be a
MONUMENTAL project by itself, regarding the amount of code to describe,
and describe in a way that makes it obvious how to make use of it.
(BTW, the latest original version from Martin himself, 4.6.2 (I suppose
this IS original) comprises nearly 80MBytes of stuff, mainly code, with
the IDE amounting to well over 4MBytes and the library to 20MBytes.
And then there are around 31MBytes of "tools" as well.)

Yes, that's no base for easy-going programming, but it's very capable,
somewhat ideosyncratic, and still quite simple to use for not really
exotic tasks.
But as with any programming system, "your mileage may vary".
(Sorry for the long sermon.)