De : Sieghard via mseide-msegui-talk <mseide-msegui-talk@lists.sourceforge.net>
Envoyé : lundi 4 septembre 2023 22:06
À : mseide-msegui-talk@lists.sourceforge.net
<mseide-msegui-talk@lists.sourceforge.net>
Cc : Sieghard <s_c_...@arcor.de>
Objet : Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] Mailing list & mseide-db woes

Hello Fred,

you wrote on Mon, 4 Sep 2023 14:14:04 +0000:

> > I DID state that this version ALSO uses my previously presented
> > "newdialogs".
>
> No, I dont have those previous version, like I already explained, I have
> a new computer without saved-backup.

Ok, that's a valid reason. I uploaded the current version now anyway, since
I moved the "msefontdialog" files there. For one, they do rely on the units
there, and to slightly enhance the (minor?) chance they might get included
in msegui's stock, maybe as alternative to the standard dialogs?

> Please, Bitte, por favor, if you dont use the "official" last release of
> MSEgui https://github.com/mse-org/mseide-msegui/releases
> or some modified units, copy those modified units in the root directory
> of your project.

Well, as you asked quite some time ago whether to include this minor
modification AND AFAIR noone opponed, I thought this was already accepted,
Yes, and then I simply forgot that I had to do the modification myself once
again... Sorry for this.

Anyway, in conjunction with the "newdialogs", I uploaded the latest project
data again, because there were a couple of modifications and corrections.
And, after all, I MUST mention that BOTH are still WORK IN PROGRESS, i.e.
they ARE NOT FINISHED YET. Even the "newdialogs" aren't, as I plan to
extend the dialog forms to allow fpr automatic status storage by means of
Martin's "statefile" mechanism.

Once more, I'm sorry for the nuisance.

There's just the problem for me that I try to produce something useful and
create enhancements for msegui, but don't get much, if any, feedback. And
that's the reason why I didn't work at and with msegui for quite some time
now - the "MSEclock" application is of no use for me other than to suggest
some extensions to the dialog stock. And this seems to have failed.
Then, the recent questions about database functions prompted me to embark
on a new project I was thinking about some time already, using msegui as
its base. And that's the "PSQLbrowse" application, which in turn led to a
couple enhancements of other things, resulting in the current uploaded
files. I do recognize that it's not the best way doing that via a private
web site, but in my opinion, that's a lot better than as attachements to
mailing list messages. (But, if you wish, I could make the site reachable
via my "home" site also. It probabely won't hurt or effect much traffic
from "third party" people being interested.)

Anyway, I wish you all the best, and have a good time!