Hello all,

I'm new to this list, I've been using mspgcc to develop for the new
MSP430FR5969 (the 64k FRAM MSP), and I recently ran into an error when
trying to assign to port 4 of that device.

The line of code is:
P4OUT |= var;
where var is an 8-bit unsigned integer less than 8 in this particular case.

The reported error is:
error: merged types have inconsistent d16/d20 attributes.

This would seem to indicate some kind of data type width error. This is
born out by the fact that if I change var to be an unsigned 16-bit integer,
the assignment works just fine. However, P4 should be an 8-bit (byte) wide
port. I'd never seen the d16/d20 notation before, and I wasn't able to find
any information on it through Google, so I'd like to hopefully understand
what I'm doing wrong and why I'm seeing this error.

Thanks for the assistance.

~Andrew Wygle