msp430mcu in its current form will almost certainly not work with the new
compiler, unless somebody's forked it without telling me.  The headers get
mspgcc-specific material added, and the linker scripts are for the mspgcc
version of gdb.

It would make sense to have msp430mcu be the mechanism providing these
tools for gcc as well as mspgcc, since it's the obvious name for its
function.  Nobody's talked to me about that, though, so I assume TI's gone
a different route.

Peter