On 21/09/15 06:31, Mark Rages wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 20, 2015 at 10:17 AM, Ghannouchi, Youssef
> <y-ghannou...@ti.com> wrote:
>> Hello GCC-enthusiasts, We are pleased to announce a new stand-alone
>> & open source release (v3.5.0.0)  of MSP430 GCC available for
>> download
>> here<http://software-dl.ti.com/msp430/msp430_public_sw/mcu/msp430/MSPGCC/3_05_00_00/index_FDS.html>!
>>

>> The stand-alone package includes all binaries, the source code and >>
MSP430 device specific support files.
>> The MSP430 GCC build is also available in CCSv6 App Center on all
>> platforms (Windows, Linux and Mac OSX).
>
> What version of GCC is it?  Neither 3.5.0 nor 14r1-364 are GCC
> version numbers.  Development of GCC 3.x ended a decade ago.
>
> Regards, Mark

It looks like it is gcc 4.9 (based on
<http://www.ti.com/tool/msp430-gcc-opensource> - I haven't downloaded
the new release).

It seems strange that they have stuck to 4.9, since the 5.x series has
been out for a while, but there is not a huge difference (5.x has some
nice new warnings, and more complete C++14, as well as a few more
optimisations).