My archive of msp430-elf releases at https://github.com/pabigot/msp430-elf
has been updated to include 3.05.00.00.  The bottom of the README includes
a description of the version numbering used by TI.  This new release does
include a few fixes/enhancements in the compiler, the first since
3.02.03.00, but is fundamentally the same GCC version as the original TI
release one year ago.

I no longer use MSP430 and at some point will stop updating my archive.
Earlier this summer I was using the upstream gcc+binutils (5.0.0-based at
the time, selected specifically for C++14 support), built as documented at
http://pabigot.github.io/bsp430/msp430elf.html.  Stock GNU tools work fine
with MSP430 now, though they sometimes do lag in applying patches that
appear in the TI fork.  Only the device-specific headers and linker scripts
from TI (also in my archive) are necessary when using upstream versions.

Peter