From: listsad...@lists.myitforum.com [mailto:listsad...@lists.myitforum.com] On
Behalf Of Trevor Sullivan
Sent: Tuesday, March 04, 2014 2:47 PM
To: mssms@lists.myitforum.com
Subject: RE: [mssms] Clients incorrectly looking to DMZ SUP

James,

You don't want to use a GPO to configure the SUP at all on 2007 or 2012. The
ConfigMgr client uses local Group Policy to set this.

If the internal clients were not installed as Internet clients, then they
should not be receiving the address for the Internet-based Software Update
Point. What command line did you use to install the internal (intranet) clients?

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg712696.aspx#BKMK_InternetSUP

Cheers,
Trevor Sullivan

Internet-Based Software Update Point

The Internet-based software update point accepts communication from client
computers on the Internet. You can create the Internet-based software update
point only when the active software update point is not configured to accept
communication from client computers on the Internet. You must install the
Internet-based software update point on a site system that is remote from the
site server, located in a perimeter network, and accessible to Internet-based
client computers. The Internet-based software update point synchronizes with
the active software update point at the same site by default. When the
Internet-based software update point is disconnected from the active software
update point, you can manually synchronize software updates by using the export
and import process. For more information, see the Synchronize Software Updates
from a Disconnected Software Update
Point<http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/912bfec1-fd19-4f56-a840-4ecd643c541b#SyncDisconnected>
 section in this topic.