I have a LOT of software reports. If you can narrow down what you want I
can send you an example.

Also, for applications or packages? SCCM tracks application installs
internally and you can do simulated deployments to get very accurate counts.

Also you can use recently used applications to see who is actually using
the apps without needing monitoring rules.