I know that this have been discussed before but I want to raise the
question if the possibilities have been change with CU3 for 2012 R2.

With CU3 we get the option to limit a client to one or more specific(s) MP.

*This cumulative update introduces a new registry entry for clients. This
entry will restrict which management point (MP) a client can communicate
with. This can be useful in environments that have multiple MPs in
different forests, and the clients can only communicate with a subset of
them. Setting the registry value to only those MPs that can be reached by
the client can improve overall efficiency. The new registry value is
AllowedMPs, a REG_MULTI_SZ (multi-string) type that is under the following
subkey: *
*HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\CCM*

Does this mean that we now have a viable option for setting up an MP/DP/SUP
in DMZ?

If this is not an option what is the recommended/supported way for managing
server/clients in a DMZ? What we want to do is basically patch and
inventory servers (workgroup) in DMZ. We have PKI and certificates on all
server already.

Regards
Mattias Benninge
http://myitforum.com/myitforumwp/author/matbe/