I'm fighting a battle with the packaging team in regards to them joining a
primary to our infrastructure so they can do testing on production.  We have
a CAS, one primary and this would be the second primary.  I don't wait to
get into why do you have a CAS since you don't have 100k clients, it's more
of a political reasoning than anything else.

I believe that all testing should occur on their own primary not part of our
infrastructure and when everything is validated they can re-create/import
the package/work on the prod infrastructure.   They have come back with if
RBAC is set up correctly (which I've pretty much done) with the correct
scoping and limiting what is the issue with them doing everything on a child
primary.  I'm looking for a list of why they shouldn't do this, what harm
could it cause to the production environment.  If they are limited to only
their QA machines they won't be able to deploy their test packages for
example to any other machines.

I'm looking for some points I can give them saying if you do X, this will
cause issues/conflicts with the production environment.

Reason 1: They wouldn't be able to do any hardware inventory testing for new
classes they need to create/test as that can't be scoped.  If they create a
new class to inventory they would need to modify the configuration.mof and
that would impact everyone.  I'm looking for reasons like that.

Reason 2: They use SCUP for a lot of custom packages, they couldn't import
the SCUP metadata into their primary, it would need to be imported into the
CAS which would "touch" all machines not just their QA machines they are
limited too.

Any other reasons anyone can think of?

Thanks