I apologize. It wasn't Kent's post I was thinking of.

It was this one:

http://blog.coretech.dk/mas/upgrade-sccm-1511-to-1602-when-service-connection-point-is-set-to-offline-on-demand/

Although Kent's post might be out of date too:

http://blog.coretech.dk/kea/system-center-configuration-manager-1511-dynamic-updates/

Also, for everyone's benefit, ServiceConnectionTool.exe crashes if you run
it directly from read-only/mounted-ISO locations.
(I think it wants to write a log to its immediate folder and cannot.)
So copy it elsewhere locally prior to trying to run it.

/begin rant mode

So why isn't there a GUI for this?

Or why do I have to do it at all?

/end rant