+1

From: listsad...@lists.myitforum.com [mailto:listsad...@lists.myitforum.com] On
Behalf Of Sherry Kissinger
Sent: Friday, November 25, 2016 3:07 PM
To: mssms@lists.myitforum.com
Subject: Re: [mssms] Microsoft Ignite is it worth it?

Here's my (opinionated) take on it.  If you have a budget to go to a conference
in the US, and you are an engineer/technician; you'll get more out of
MMSMOA.com .  It's more about getting things done, as well as showing some new
stuff.  There's also another more technically minded conference, called ITDev
Connections.  I prefer mmsmoa; but that's just me.

Go to Ignite if...
1) You are a manager that doesn't really watch what's going on in technology,
and you need the 10,000 foot view of what's current and upcoming; with almost
no technical details on how to actually get there.
2) You are a tech... but whomever it is that holds the budget for going to a
conference can only wrap their head around "so, you want to go to a tech
conference, you must mean Ignite, and only Ignite, and anything else is just
not possible".  i.e., you have no other choice.  It's at least better than
nothing; and if you are diligent about monitoring every possible social media,
you can hunt down other techs and have some meaningful conversations.
3) you have budget for 3 conferences: then go to all 3!

On Fri, Nov 25, 2016 at 10:22 AM, Jeff Poling