[EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
:>I prefer to edit text files with vi. Too bad that it has not been
:>ported to  MSX yet.

:>Best regards, Alex WULMS

[EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
:> Then is there no body to try it?

:> I like vi editor for programming, it's the best editor for me. (I'm
:>writing this with vi on workstation now)

:> I also want to know how many people want to use vi on MSX. I don't
:>think that it's hard to make vi for MSX. If there is no volunteer,
:>I'll do that.

> > I prefer to edit text files with vi. Too bad that it has not been
> > ported to
> > MSX yet.
> vim  is much better (most systems use vim and link vi to it )
> If anybody is porting them to MSX also consider Aplixware and
> Starroffice as a porting project please :-))

Indeed, VIM is much better. VIM is VI-IMproved, coded by Bram Molenaar
([EMAIL PROTECTED]). It contains e.g. Syntax highlighting in the newest version 5.0.
It's also much easier to use than vi. Anyway, I also use VIM whenever I edit
something on the workstations and terminals here at the university. Also these
TeX files I told you about. But ofcourse I _could_ also use e.g. TED on MSX to
write these TeX files. That was my point.

But hey, VI ported to MSX would be fantastic! Especially if it would be VIM.
Joon-Sung Kim: why don't you contact Bram Molenaar?

Grtjs, Manuel

PS: MSX 4 EVER!
PPS: Visit my homepage at

http://studs.sci.kun.nl:8888/manuelbi