>> ] The engine wins the battle of the higher datalines because in series with the
>datalines
>> ] from the processor(s) to the cartridge connectors there are resistors.
>> ] (I think they are 100 ohm)
>> This is good news. At least now we can be sure that an external mapper and the S1990
>won't destroy each other. The resistors will limit the current enough :-) Though,
>internal
>mappers might still present a minor problem.
>Maybe it is possibble to add forexample 200 ohm resistors to main print,
>so that external mapper could "win" the battle against S1990 ?

Hmmmm... I don't think I would modify my turbo-R for just this. And besides that, it
just
don't solve the problem we are dealing with. Correct if we can say it could be solved
for
some computers that would be modified. BUT, we can't modify all turbo-R's on the world
for
this problem.

The only real cure for this problem without too much effort is to avoid reading the
mapper
registers!
So, have a backup of the mapper status in RAM... (like MemMan, DOS2 and many
memory managers that are made by software developers)
A software workaround is the best for this, at least in my oppinion.

If I'm right, there is an example of a simple memory manager of the disk that comes
with the turbo-R datapack.

amen...

Greetings from Erik Maas

application/ms-tnef