On Mon, 5 Oct 1998 18:34:18 +0200, Tristan wrote:

>> No I don't agree. At last fair in Tilburg we made the effort to
>> sell Fighter's Ragnarok from Delta-Z (Japan). We spent a lot
>> of time and money in it. It is the best fighting-game on MSX,
>> it has a very good manual and we sold just enough to buy
>> the gas to drive home again.
>Collin, please. You should have known that before the fair.
No Tristan, no.
If you can't sell at least a fifty copies of a game of the cathegory
of Fighter's Ragnarok in a Fair like Tilburg, something really
WEIRD is happenning.

Look, I am a distributor at Spain, and there we have the same
problem. The aftermaths of the last two Barcelona meetings
have been really sad. I have passed real SHAME when
notifying some sales results, specially with Be Bop Bout and FR.
The circumstances involving the results of the distributions of
both Be Bop Bout and FR at Spain are TRULY scandals.
How can we be taken seriously by Jap developers? How can
take Japanese guys our demands of translations of manuals
and games and so on with such sales?

Really, I prefer 75 assistance in a meeting and sell about 35
copies than fifty in a meeting of hundreths of people.

>long ago. I think Metal Gear 2 English translation was the last
>big hit.
And is this all the future? Translating Xak I, Snatcher and
Emerald Dragon???

>At the last Zandvoort fair, I sold about 12 copies of PURE, not
To be honest, Techno isn't the most valued genre between
Moonsound fans. If you add that Moonsound is still a minority...

>My point is, if you do it only for selling lots of copies and make
>profits, go and develop PC software!
No, NO, NO and thousand times NO!!!
It is not about fame, glory, money.... NO!
It is to develop/import a thing in which you put some money, a
lot of time and tons of illusion, and, in the specific case of
distributors, responsability.
For what purpose? For standing some time more, because I
firmly believe it is worth staying with MSX as long as there would
be programmes such as BBBout, Core Dump, Fighter's R.,
Sonyc, No Name, Nuts, Compass, MSX-Blue, Erix, Coms v6.x,
Moonblaster, Puddle Land, Pang, Sir Dan, Kumoko&Yumeko,
Dome...
The matter comes when the producers/distributors/MSX
workers don't receive a feedback in form of sales and
congratulations. Then we start to complaint and to think if it is
REALLY worth to stay, at least to stay making something.

CYA
Get EuroLinked!!! [EMAIL PROTECTED]