Hi!

I have few questions regarding a BAR CODE READER from PHILIPS
(NMS-1170/20).
I got this thingie few days ago but unfortunately there was no software
or
manual with it. I wrote a small basic program to read the ports #18, #19
obtain the barcode data. It seems to read the barcodez coz the read data
is
equal to the one printed below the barcode,  sometimes the last number
is missing
and I didn_t figured yet why?
I would like to get any information on how to make own bar codes.
The bar codes I had tested were only some numbers. Is it possible to
make a
barcode which contains characters A-Z?
I know that there are several programs available for this cartridge but
I havn_t
yet seen any of them. I remember that I had few weeks ago downloaded
some bar code
software from an FTP but it was corrupted, and now I can_t find this
FTP. It_s
probably gone.
So, can someone help me, by e-mailing me some software for it. I_ll put
it on my
web page so other people who have a barcode reader can download it too.
I know that there are 2 versions of the PHILIPS bar code reader the
NMS1170 and
1190. The 2nd one seems to use other ports. Is this the only difference?
I would like to get a program which makes it possible to make own bar
codes and
print them or save as graphic.

I found a piece of software called BARCODE.TSR in FUNET FTP.
It seems to be an MEMMAN TSR which makes possible to use the BCR in DOS2
and BASIC

It has some commands like:

_b:]
_h:]
_dir /w]
_dir /p]
_dir /h]
_dir >prn]
_dir /w >prn]
_dir /p/h]
_xdir *.*]
_xdir b:*.*]
_copy *.* b:]
_copy *.* h:]
_copy b:*.* h:]
_copy b:*.* a:]
_copy h:*.* a:]
_xcopy a:*.* b: /e /s
_xcopy a:*.* h: /e /s
_xcopy h:*.* a: /e /s
_format a:]
_format b:]
_chkdsk /f]
_ramdisk 4064/d]
_ramdisk 0/d]
_del a:*.*]
_del b:*.*]
_tv]
_cmd tv]
_tk "Barcode/dos2"]
_cd \]
_ted]
_cd ..]
_cd \utils]
_cd \tsr]
_tp]
_print /c /d /i64]
_call system]
__system("autoexec")]
_basic]
_basic autoexec.bas]
_files,l]
_files "h:",l]
_files "b:",l]
_call chdir("\")]
_call ramdisk(0)]
_call ramdisk(4064)]
_call chdrv("b:")]
_call chdrv("h:")]
_call chdrv("a:")]
_cmd clear printbuf 0
_cmd clear ?buf 64]
_print attr$ fre ?buf

I_m wondering how it works? My guess is that by scanning a barcode a
specified
command is executed in dos2 or basic. But how to make the barcodes which
activate
the commands in this program?
Has anyone further info on who made this program or any manual for it?

Has someone got the developers package for memman tsr by MST? Is it
still
available somewhere?

And I would like to see a copy or scan of the NMS-1170/20 manual :-).

---
I received lately ORACLE V1.10 - the music program from FUZZY logic.
Does someone know if it works on a sony 700, without problems?
I_m just wondering if it_s the program that is buggy, coz it will not
start on my
sony700. It starts with loading. Prints some info about it installs
MIDAS debugger
and then returns to basic??
There is written something about ORACLE in one of the latests HNOSTAR
magazines, it
mentions at least SONY700 and ORACLE. Unfortunately I didn_t figure what
it says.
Can anyone translate it for me?
---
I was thinking about buying the GDOS 4x slotexpander. As far I know it
does use
the MSX_s internal PSU. I_m just wondering if my SONY700 will not blow
up with 4 cartridges connected to it? It seems to be working with a
PHILIPS NMS
8245 but has anyone used it with luck on a sony 700? My intention is to
connect an
FM-PAC, MSX-AUDIO, (IDE-INTERFACE), and a 4th card at once. Normally the
slot
expanders do have an external PSU connector so the computer isn_t
overloaded, but
this one seems to be ONLY powered by the MSX.
---
I got lately a program called MAGIC MUSIC MODULE PROFESSIONAL for
MSX-AUDIO.
Has someone got any MUSIC data for it? Please mail it to me:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
---

That_s all folks, hope to get some answers :-).