[barcode]
>It seems to read the barcodez coz the read data is
>equal to the one printed below the barcode,  sometimes
>the last number is missing and I didn_t figured yet why?

I'm no barcode expert, but I'm always happy to share
the knowledge I do have :-)
First of all, there is more than one barcode standard.
Commonly used in dutch shops (e.g. V&D) is EAN-13.
In this system, the last digit is a check number, so maybe
the number was not scanned correctly when you missed the last
digit?
AFAIK, EAN-13 only defines digits, no alfabethic characaters,
so when you want to use A-Z, you'll have to use another
standard.

>I found a piece of software called BARCODE.TSR in FUNET FTP.
>It seems to be an MEMMAN TSR which makes possible to use the
>BCR in DOS2 and BASIC
>
>It has some commands like:
        [list snipped]

Hm. Looks more like a generic "execute DOS commands in BASIC" TSR...

>Normally the slot expanders do have an external PSU connector so the
>computer isn_t overloaded, but this one seems to be ONLY powered by
>the MSX. ---

Oh? I've only seen slot-expanders from MSX Club Gouda (made by
Digital KC) and the also get their power via the cartidge slot from
the MSX. No problemo on Philips, at least :-)
I've got MusMod, FM-PAC, DOS2 & HSH/Novaxis SCSI interface hooked
up in the slot-expander. Runs without any problems...

>Please mail it to me: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

trd? The Red Devil? I thought you'd quit with MSX!

        Eric