On Fri, 9 Oct 1998 14:42:07 -0300 (EST), Giovanni dos Reis Nunes wrote:

>  How I can read, using a PC, one Harddisk formated in a
>  MSX with IDE interface? I receibe a old Conner 20Mb HD
>  but I can't read it in DOS or Linux. All Linux and DOS
>  FDISK utilities shows a "20Mb FAT <32M" partition  but
>  in DOS I always receive the 'Sector not  found'  error
>  message. I'm thinking that this HD  isn't  a  formated
>  partition... Or I'll format this drive. :)
>
>  Anybody has a Idea?

You can't. Henrik Gilvad's fdisk does not partition the disk in the standard way, so
you will not be able to read MSX disks on your PC or viceversa.

The right way of partitioning a disk uses the last 66 bytes of the boot sector as the
partition table, being each partition entry 16 bytes long. That gives a maximum of 4
partitions on each boot sector, and I think Henrik did it in that way to make possible
to create the 32 partitions. Anyway, Henrik's boot sector does not contain (as of
version 1.35) any info about the partitions at all! (Please tell me if I am wrong, but
I have the sources for Henrik's fdisk 1.35 and that's what I think).