>-Every cartridge you use that doesn't work on turbo, has to feed this
>switch-back signal back to the computer somehow. For example, if you
>have MSX-Music cartridge, you would have to switch back for
>chipselect of MSX-Music IC. But: this is not in the computer, only
>inside the cartridge! Most practical solution is to put this signal
>in the cartridge on a reserved cartridge-slot pin, and connect this
>cartridge-slot pin in the computer with the turbo circuit. That's a
>big hastle, modifying a bunch of cartridges this way, and: only for
>use on a particular machine!

The sound of MSX-Music/Audio is fucked up anyway using 7MHz so I don't care
'bout that.

>-Sound cartridges usually still won't sound right on turbo, untill
>they have their own internal 3.58 MHz. clock added.

Well my Audio has that but sometimes even my non-'advanced'-7MHz is too fast
for that. It skips some tones or plays the wrong ones sometime.

>And you might think all is working, but find out later, that yet
>another piece of hardware doesn't quite do it on turbo. Or not
>anymore, if you add another MHz. to the turbo clock speed.
>Examples: the mouse, HD interfaces, fast diskROMs, etc. etc.
>
>Why have this much trouble, for so little gain?

Well I think the speed of things like HD, FDD and MemoryMap will improve a
lot using 'Advanced' 7MHz. I'd rather have incorrect timing than overloading
(which sounds more dangerous and problems-giving to me).

But thenk you for your clear explanation, now I know what to do...