>You could figure out how to set this disk change flag for other
>interfaces, but it's disk hardware-specific, so better leave it
>alone...

But my driver will be anyway hardware-specific...

By the way, why everybody worry so much about this? I said that hardware
dependant routines are separated from the main code, so anyone can change
it for other interfaces. I suppose that someone has information about
internal working of IDE and other SCSIs, as well as enough programming
knowledge for doing the changes, right? Or are you saying that I'm the best
programmer around the world?? No way! 8-)

>-Avoid making a "disk changed?" call. If you do need it: maybe you
>can use the result of a "disk changed?" call made by DOS earlier?

But what if my driver must handle the first function call performed after a
disk change? And where does DOS store this information?

>-Maybe you can use another interception point for your routine, at a
>point where DOS already determined this disk change status?

I can't patch anywhere other than the #F252 hook... except if I had the
source codes of DOS... aaah nice dream...

>-DOS does this call again, after your code? Maybe you can use a
>different exit point from your code, skipping this next DOS call, and
>pass on the result of the "disk changed?" call you made?

I can only do all or nothing: if I patch a function call, I must do it
completely (till the exit of the #F252 call).

>-Or: intercept somehow this next "disk changed?" call made by DOS
>(difficult, tricky)

Yes, difficult. Because of this and because similar problems, one year ago
I asked for internal DOS info. But nobody seems to have this information...
(O! !O)

>Dos HAS code for handling "Abort", right? You can do the same, but
>instead, you could also jump back to that DOS code handling "abort"
>(and don't care what happens from there). That was the idea.

Well, the goal is the to find this "abort" code. It is not so easy. When a
function call is executed, a REALLY BIG LOT of code is executed! You can't
imagine!! (^^!)

************ 15th MSX users meeting in Barcelona: May 1th, 1999 ************
          Konami Man - AKA Nestor Soriano (^ ^)v - Itsumo MSX user

               New address!!    http://konamiman.msx.tni.nl
               [EMAIL PROTECTED]       ICQ#: 18281450

     Metal Gear for MSX - (C) Konami 1987  (Nothing new under the sun...)