Ramon Ribas wrote:

> > >I think he's talking about the new stuff David showed at recent
> fairs.
> As far as I know, Calculus did feature a lot of wireframes, but no
> texture mapping.
> >  Nope, Calculus had an option where u can have texture mapped 3D,
> I'm sure.
> Well, if a plain color with an effect of changing a bit, as if it were
> iluminated by a focus, is a texture... Then, I guess it has textures.
>

> David, your opinion, please....

Hello,
Just back from my honeymoon-holidays and I read that my opinion is
wanted already :)

It's rather refreshing to read about a product you've made and to hear
that there are options in it that you've never coded.
Calculus has two 3D-parts.
a) The wire frame
b) The filled objects

I won't go into details here but technically speaking the second one
uses a filled-polygone-drawer. It draws filled triangles at a very high
speed. There is no real texture mapping in it.
Some people are fooled by the coffin in this demo part. Using some
fantasy I created a wite cross on the top of this red coffin. Some
people believe this is already some form of texture-mapping. Technically
it isn't but if they think so ...

People at Tilburg saw some real texture-mapping. The routine can even
shade the textures like I shaded the filled triangles.I myself was still
impressed that it still runs at a reasonable speed on an MSX2. A Turbo-R
or 7 MHz is however prefered.

> BTW, David, people at Barcelona and Madrid fairs liked your 3D engine.
Made I should release it independed from SandStone. :\

> What about doing an 'Elite'? ;)

I don't like buy-and-sell games :)
Besides I would have to implement clipping etc, it would slow down
considerably if you were using textures.

If there are people intrested in making a game using the 3D-engine, you
now how to contact me.

David Heremans

"One difference between SuSE and Red Hat is that the
former operates in a country where people don't sue
each other over coffee being too hot."
                                            Linus Torvalds