Eric,

> 1st of all: Adriano = *BIG* Fudeba :-D

        "Better fudeba than nothing!" X-D

> Hm, sounds like you're not using the BDOS for disk I/O but writing/reading
> directly to/from the disk controller, right?

        Right.

> What's the reason for that?

        New filesystem.
        Also BDOS only understands FAT and uses a lot of variables in RAM.

> Even if you're just using the sector read/write routines, you're saving a
> lot of hassle.

        All the filesystem routines are implemented, and the lowest point
is just one: read or write a disk sector.

> BTW, will UZIX be open source (under GPL for example), so every one can
> fine-tune his own kernel, write drivers (e.g the /dev/hdX ;-)) - like Linux?

        Yes.

>         Eric (waiting for some1 to do X on UZIX ;-))

        Preferabily, for MSX1 SCREEN2... X-D

Adriano Camargo Rodrigues da Cunha               ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Engenharia de Computacao - UNICAMP
http://www.adrpage.cjb.net                       MSX-TR:I have one.And you?

* I watch Novell at 8 from monday to saturday. And Lantastic on sundays. *