Manuel,

> > > I mean, not with virtual terminals, but just occupying the other terminal.
> > > E.g. user1 logs in, and starts 2 background jobs. Then, he types somting as
>  > > "login user2", and user2 logs in. He can now also start bg jobs. When he
> does
> > > top, he sees processes of user1 and user2! Can Uzix do this already?
> I tried it, but it doesn't work! I'm getting error's like: fork failed. Please
> retry

        Low memory... Try with 256k or 512k RAM.

> (on a 128kB MSX, like 8250, 8245 of Philips. Worked fine on those machines,
> although it was swapping a lot (from diskdrive!!).

        It's nop swapping. It's buffer and inode flushing and
/dev/console access.
        Yeah, it's not very nice. Sometime in the future I will work on
it.

> Strange fact: top shows  -32kb FREE!)

        Hum... I think you found a bug. :)

> Now, I also tested it on my Sony HB-F700D, with 256kB RAM (to see if it did
> less swapping!). AND: it fails! After loading (Loading UZIX......), I get one
> line of garbage at the top of the screen instead of Welcome to UZIX 0.1.2 (or
> whatever)...

        Try loading more two or three times. See if the error persists.

> So, I guess I found another bug!

        It's not a bug. It's a wrong behaviour. I never noticed this.
        Can you give me more info (in private) about your Sony? I think
I'll send you a modified UZIX version for discovering the problem...

> By the way: I noticed that Suspending a process with CTRL-Z doesn't work yet.

        No. And also, CONTROL+C stop all background processes.
        Things to work on in the future... :)

> Another note: top is VERY slow on a 128kB MSX2... Swapping?

        How "slow"? For updates? Or displaying lines? Change the update
delay with s key. The disk access that delays the display is the same I
explained above.

Adriano Camargo Rodrigues da Cunha               ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Engenharia de Computacao - UNICAMP
http://www.adrpage.cjb.net                       MSX-TR:I have one.And you?

* 233MHz ain't fast enough! *