"Giovanni R. Nunes" wrote:

>   Pazos,
>
> > EVA files are not compressed.
>
>   Yes, but MSX has "power-horse" to decompress data and maintain
>   synchro?

 I bet that it hasn't enough "horse-power" to do that "on the fly".
Maybe if it had a DMA since the beginning we could develop a DSP to
handle such datastreams ... But seems useless to me do such things
on a DMAless machine. =(

 Hey Pazos ! What you think of that ? Any sugestion ? =)

> > External PCM indicates that the sound is taken from the 'jack' in the
> > back part of turbo R.
>
>   Hmm? Weird... I'm use this option to capture audio and nothing
>   happening, no sound was saved. I'll try again later...

 That option makes EVA use a external PCM device cartridge instead
of the internal Turbo-R PCM.  (I bet that it's the old PCM-MAN
cartridge.)

> > Internal PCM uses built-in microphone of turbo R.
>
>   But if I put something in the jack, I automatically disable the
>   internal MIC? Or I'm drunk?

 Yes , you disable the mic by plugging anything to the AUX PCM input
plug.
About being drunk I dunno , because I don't have supernatural powers to
guess your alchoolic levels ! ;)

> > Each second takes 150Kb (in 10 frames mode). So each frame takes up 30
> > sectors.
>
>   Is a sooooo large throughput...

 Hahahah ! Surely ... even for the PC that's much data !

> > Well, that is not the reason. The reason is that CD drive 'is not fast
> > enough' using the same read system that in HDD.  EVA player read byte
> > by byte with a SCSI command, and CDs are not fast enough in that way.
>
>   Are you sure? If I'm using a 8x CD-ROM I can obtain a necessary
>   transfer rate.. I believe thatthe problem is because the conversion of
>   one "2048 bytes" sector to four "512 bytes" sectors...

 I bet that the problem is DOS2.
 If someone develops a "direct access" MSXCDEX I think that will  be
possible.

> > Anyway, you can play EVAs from CD with a modified EVA player made by
> > Trunks (sorry, I don't remember the URL). But don't expect too much,
> > it just show frame by frame (with sound) but not in the right time. It
> > is slow.  Furthermore, with this program you can see EVA on a turbo R
> > without MegaSCSI, because it uses MSXDOS2 file handle system.
>
>   I'll try later but first I'm connect my CD-ROM in my MSX. Hey! How I
>   can buy a SCSI Cd-ROM case? Here in Brazil it's is impossible, here is
>   the country of IDE... (argh!).

  Not that much ... Belive me ...  My PC is SCSI ... =)

 Cya MSXers ...