] Hi there,
]
] >But if I run an MSX1 game on BrMSX, using a video card with TV-out and an
] >MSX joystick connected to the PC, and I hide the PC itself from sight, can
] >you tell the difference with a real MSX1?
]
] Did I hear Turing Test? *grin* (OK, someone already used that joke B4,
] but I liked it).
]
] >I don't mind if a few crappy coded games won't run. If BrMSX can run MSX1
] >games as well as my 8250 can, it's close enough to perfect for me.
]
] The problem is that sound chips like the FM Pac can't be emulated
] correctly, since the A/D Convertor of (for example) the SoundBlaster
] can't produce FM sounds. It is very hard to emulate the FM Pac, which is
Each and every ad-lib compatible soundcard can emulate FM Pac and FM-part of
music module, since the ad-lib contains the OPL1 FM-Chip. Each sound blaster
compatible soundcard can emulate FM Pac, FM-part of music module and ADPCM
part of music module, since the soundblaster contains both the OPL1 and a DA
converter.

Kind regards,
Alex Wulms

--
Alex Wulms/XelaSoft - MSX of anders NIX - Linux 4 ever
See my homepage for info on the  *** XSA *** format