> >By the way, there was some guy (dunno where) developing an OPL3 board!!!
> >Aargh! Let us make it MoonSound-compatible and convince this guy to use
> >OPL4!!! (which can still be achieved).
>
> Why would he have to use OPL4? It would certainly be more expensive,
> because the instrument ROM costs money (copyrights) and SRAM isn't cheap
> either, especially 512K ICs. And probably the OPL3 itself is cheaper than
> OPL4.
>
> I would have no problems as long as the OPL3 board would be compatible with
> the OPL3 part of the MoonSound, which means it would have to use the same
> I/O addresses. In that way, a single program could play music on both, FM
> only ofcourse.

Leonard Oliveira from Brazil is doing this. I talked with him about this on
ICQ (his number is 2514302=Vic Viper) and he told me it would use indeed the
same ports as Moonsound, so indeed, the FM part will be the same as Moonsound.
This should provide a cheap alternative for Moonsound. It's quite a good idea.
He told me the price would be around 50$, if I remember correctly. Maybe he
can tell you more about this.

Hey, at least something NEW is being developped again! ;-) (Noted, Koen? ;-)

Grtjs, Manuel ((m)ICQ UIN 41947405)

PS: MSX 4 EVER! (Questions? See: http://www.faq.msxnet.org/)
PPS: Visit my homepage at http://www.sci.kun.nl/marie/home/manuelbi/