> >By the way, there was some guy (dunno where) developing an OPL3 board!!!
> >Aargh! Let us make it MoonSound-compatible and convince this guy to use
> >OPL4!!! (which can still be achieved).
>
> Why would he have to use OPL4? It would certainly be more expensive,
> because the instrument ROM costs money (copyrights) and SRAM isn't cheap
> either, especially 512K ICs. And probably the OPL3 itself is cheaper than
> OPL4.
>
> I would have no problems as long as the OPL3 board would be compatible
with
> the OPL3 part of the MoonSound, which means it would have to use the same
> I/O addresses. In that way, a single program could play music on both, FM
> only ofcourse.

Ah, okay, that's cool. So I can play every music made for that OPL3
cartridge on my OPL4??? Only the owners of such can't play compositions for
the WAVE-part of the MoonSound??? Okay, that's fine by me. As long as I have
a MoonSound. But I hope he doesn't add something like a PCM sampling device
which is incompatible... Anyways, Vic Viper you say? Yes, I have him on my
list... I'll ask him.

          email me: [EMAIL PROTECTED] or ICQ: 10196372
             visit the Datax homepage at http://datax.cjb.net/
MSX fair Bussum / MSX Marathon homepage: http://msxfair.cjb.net/