> "Giovanni R. Nunes" wrote:
> > Anybody interested in make a C64 cartridge for MSX? Including board,
> > other ICs, etc... It can be the most cheap C64 in the world! :)
>
> Is that possible? How about SID? <:)
>
> Anyway, I'd like to see one of these machines,
> they seem primitive but interesting. :))

        They are interesting. My father bought a C64 in 1982 when it was
just released, and I made my first steps into the computer world on it
(well, not completely, we had a CBM 4032 before that (a little more advanced
than the PET)). I was around 10 years old. Then I wanted my own computer so
I bought my MSX at 13, mostly because of the good BASIC, I wanted to
program.

        But really, the SID does sound better than the PSG... It does have a
characteristic sound, the PSG is more 'bleepy'. For the VIC, I can't say,
but the colors (16) were better chosen than the MSX. MSX1 lacks a good red
and an extra gray value.

        MSX has a cleaner design, I agree. The reason they are able to pull
so much out of a 0.9 MHz 6510 is that every C64 is exactly the same, and
'dirty programming' became an art. BIOS? What's it good for?
        The user port on a C64 is nice to play with, programmable 8 bit I/O
port (using the PIA, I believe...), the most blown up chip in the world,
because it wasn't buffered...pretty shitty design.

        But I still like my MSX better. I don't think there is a good reason
to make a line between computers. We can learn from a c64 (well...) and they
can learn from us.

        Greetz,
        Patrick