> Hello !!
>
> I have been studying all the MSX manuals i have got, and i haven´t still
got any idea how to backup my old original MSX-tape
> games to 3.5" disk. My MSX computer is Sony´s HitBit and diskdrive is also
a Sony.  Should the backupping be possible or do
> i need to do it thru a PC´s MSX emulator or maybe run a special
MSX-program?

> Please, I need your help with this. It might be so simple, that i just
don´t get it :)).

> I have been using my MSX computer since 1987, and it´s still working fine.
I have been searching for the diskdrive for ages
> :) and at last i found it... My tape-games are quite old and i´m afraid
that they will maybe soon not work anymore, that´s
> why i would like to backup them so i can use them from the disk.
>

> Sorry about my bad english!

it's okay.

I think I have to disappoint you because it is quite hard to backup tape
games. Even hard for me.
You need some small ML coding and directly read out the tapeport, process
the header etc. It can be made a little easier by copying the BIOSes
taperoutines, but it is still difficult.

I have backed up some Radarsoft games I had on tape but even after I had
backed them up they didn't work too well (probably because they needed more
free RAM in the TPA). So there also is a chance that after you have backed
them up you can't run them well anymore (inserting a Dos2-cartridge might
solve the problem btw).

Anyways, it is a quite difficult thing to do (although it can be done).
Maybe you should try to check out some emulator pages to see if somebody
hasn't already done the job for you.

If you can't find anything then I might be able to look up how to do it but
it will (unfortunately) require quite a lot of work, and I don't really feel
like that.

          email me: [EMAIL PROTECTED] or ICQ: 10196372
             visit the Datax homepage at http://datax.cjb.net/
MSX fair Bussum / MSX Marathon homepage: http://msxfair.cjb.net/