> >In fact,
> >almost all power of the Sega Megadrive is based on its videochip.) (the
> >SNES-videochip though was MUCH better. In contrary to the Sega Genesis
the
> >SNES had 1. processorpower, 2. Much more colors, and 3. More planes. If
you
> >play a Genesis on an Emulator you can really see the big difference. In
> >addition, the SNES has capabilities like zooming and rotating,
transparent
> >planes (very, very awesome! Much cooler than the zooming.)
>
> Please get your facts straight Laurens. The MegaDrive/Genesis had a 68000
> processor running at 7 mhz. Twice the speed of the SNES. I admit that the
> Snes has cool graphical features like you mentioned, but take one look at
> the sonic games released for the Genesis, it has so many layers most
> computers can't emulate it, because of the immense speed!

Oh? Is that so???
Well then I was wrong about that.

But still the SNES has much, much better graphical capabilities.
As said, I think the transparent layer is AWESOME.
(it sure must be a powerfull videochip to do that).

By the way, the SNES emulator zSNES DOES support transparent layers (used a
lot in i.e. Chrono Trigger, awesome game btw), however you must run the
computer in VESA2 640x480 mode.
(VESA1.2 640x480 mode will also work but then the graphics can't be
'softened' which doesn't look very nice)

However running zSNES in MODEQ looks nice (25% scanlines) and it is really
fast (VESA2 640x480 is actually too slow on my P233... it doesn't reach full
framerate). However, it doesn't support transparency...

As always, one has to make choices.

          email me: [EMAIL PROTECTED] or ICQ: 10196372
             visit the Datax homepage at http://datax.cjb.net/
MSX fair Bussum / MSX Marathon homepage: http://msxfair.cjb.net/