On Mon, 20 Mar 2000, Alex Wulms wrote:

> ] Although I think converting the paper manuals to electronic ones is very
> ] good, I'd prefer to use PDF as standard. HTML is fine for online viewing,
> How about converting to postscript? That is very easy. Simply print it to a
> file with a printer driver for a postscript printer. And postscript can be
> viewed on almost any platform with ghostview.

There are not as many people who have Ghostview as there are people who
have Acrobat Reader installed. And as far as I know, there is no browser
plugin for PostScript either (if there is one for Netscape+Linux, tell
me!).

But if PS->PDF is indeed possible (as Hans Otten suggested), PS may be a
nice step inbetween. You are right about creating PS, it's very easy.

> Visit The MSX Plaze (http://www.inter.nl.net/users/A.P.Wulms) for info

Hey, in the other mail you called it "Plaza"...

Bye,
                Maarten