> Aren't the sources of Ghostview available???
> Maybe it's possible to convert them to MSX and
> we could view PS files in screen 6.

The PS format is publicaly available: There's a K-zillion
books on postscript.  The sources for ghostview are GPL
(AFAIK), so that's not a problem.
The big problem is that it takes a _lot_ of memory to
render one page of postscript correctly.  My guess is that
even when you manage to produce a SCREEN 6 PS renderer
you will have to wait for 1/2 an hour to browse to the

Maybe MkII can shed some light here - she once mentioned
being able to speak PS fluently ;-)

> For PDF, as far as I know not even the specifications are
> released by Adobe,

Adobe released the PDF specs some time ago, but they're not
'free', AFAIK.

> so we can forget about writing a program
> to view or print PDF on MSX.

Absolutely, but not because of lack of spec.
It's more lack of resources...

     Eric