On Thu, 20 Apr 2000 22:25:14 +0200, Laurens Holst wrote:

>Another option: the eZ80!!!
>As Peter Burkhard just told me it's fully Z180 compatible and has speeds up
>to 80 MHz!!!
>Sounds nice...
>And it's new, so it will probably be available for awhile.

  The only problem is: it's hard to develop a hardware for a non-existing-yet
processor. Also, it'll probably be sold as VHDL code, to be writen on a PLD...
this have one good and one bad thing. The good thing is that Zilog had
said that we, if buy the VDHL code, may change the eZ80 behaviour freely,
changing the VHDL code. The bad thing is: they only sold very large amounts
of licenses (something like 5000 licenses) of the VHDL code. So, someone
with lots of money will have to buy these licenses to produce a few MSX
computers using eZ80. This is the bad site.

  BTW, eZ80 has some interesting features, and could be used, maybe, in
a ACE003, if this prove to be a real good thing... For now, we will stay
with Z180 or Z380... the one that give us the better performance.

     AbraçOS/2, Daniel Caetano ([EMAIL PROTECTED])

...!m.tag
OS/2 Sites:     http://www.quasarbbs.com/daniel/
                http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/8752/os2hp/os2index.html
MSX Sites:      http://www.fudeba.cjb.net/