Hey, I think it's a good idea to make an engine, and share with everyone!
And, about having too many games, with the same engine..well, this never
stopped of Quake 2, Unreal, Sin, Half-Life, Heretic 2.....making sucess in
PC! And..no one have to play all the games if they don't want! If you think
the game you are about to play is much like the other game you just played,
then don't play this one!
But I think this is wrong, with the same engine, we could do many different
things (RPGs set in Medieval times, future, present time, different
characters..there's a hell out of potential here!)
I am not a very good programmer, but if the engine is easy to use, certainly
I would make games for it!

And, if there's anyone there interested in doing it, why not make engines
for other kind of games, like Shoot em ups, or plataform games? I don't know
if this is easy to do (I guess a Shoot em up engine is easy, but an engine
for a Jump'n'run....probably is hard), but it would be great!

And..what's gamebuilder?? I have no idea, but it sounds interesting...