>I quote from Ikeda's MSX Print:
>
>English:
>We had also hoped to interchange thoughts with Sunrise and Leonardo
>Padial from Spain about which kind of CPU and soundchip will be
>implemented and what kind of harddisk interface could be used best, but
>it seemed to us that they had very little interest in this new MSX
>project.
>So this points out that they did not really try to contact Sunrise and/or
>Padial about this.

No. It is a somewhat euphemistic form of saying: Sunrise and Padial didn't
want to talk about this with us at all!

>This fair was a good opportunity to contact important
>people from big MSX clubs. The only thing I saw in the room the Japanese
>stayed in was a letter from Kay Nishi and not more than that. Our Japanese
>friends could have tried to attract our attention by actually giving us the
>information that is now in Ikeda's Print.

They hadn't been given green light to publish that information back then.
They did have some information to this subject, however, which they wanted
to tell everybody in a speech. The fair in Tilburg, however, wasn't really
the right spot to give such a speech. It's hard to get the attention of
people who are moving between all the different rooms over which the fair
was divided.

>really interested in the MSX situation in Japan. However MSX people
>nowadays
>have an attitude to only believe this kind of news if something is shown to
>them.

Well, at least there is one thing that makes things a lot more comfortable
to deal with: the Japanese don't really care whether the Europeans BELIEVE
the news they send or not :). But it should ofcourse be nice if the
Europeans gave their support or something like that.

Rieks.