On Fri, 7 Jul 2000 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> What do YOU think, should a new MSX be developed? Will it have a
> chance in the market that's dominated by PC's and 64 bit game
> consoles? Or will it create it's own market?

It should be developed. There is still a somewhat large userbase, and more
users would join if MSX computers were easily available in stores. They
don't have a chance in the PC market, because they're completely different
products. They would have its own market: from computer enthusiast who
love to modify their machine themselves, to newbies who find PC computers
too complex, to companies who need cheap computers to do simple tasks.

> What should a new MSX look like? What would you want to be able to do
> with it (while making sure it remains a MSX and does not become a PC
> or a console)?

It should look like a MSX Turbo-R or the Amiga 1200. It should have at
least one serial port, so Internet connectivity could be accomplished by
connecting a modem. An embedded 2.5" IDE hard disk and an external
IDE connector would be VERY apreciated. Maybe the CPU frequency should be
raised a bit, but that's not so important.

> What would be the price you'd be willing to pay for a new MSX? If new
> turboR's  would still be available in the shops, what would you be
> willing to pay for such a machine?

Depends on the funcionality. But I wouldn't mind paying $600 for it. In
fact, I would have paid $750 for a MSX Turbo-R several years ago if they
weren't sold out. Also, some days ago I created a poll at www.aamsx.org,
and 44% of the people say they would also pay more than $600 for this new
machine. 24% say they would pay $450-$600 for it.

> After all: seeing  is believing. But just think about it: if there's
> even a small chance, shouldn't we try to do everything we can to make
> it a succes?

We should. We MUST.

Regards,

--