On Thu, 13 Jul 2000, Šiogo Sperb Schneider wrote:

> >  Because Linux kernel "way of life" requires a MMU,
> > something not available at "normal" MSXs.
>
>  Ok... But it could be implemented in software,
> couldn't? Also, the MSXes are in evolution process...

Couldn't. A MMU ensures that programs can't access memory locations that
aren't theirs. It must be implemented in hardware. It would be funny to
have userland programs overwrite the MMU and get write access to kernel
areas.

And I think it should not be implemented in the new MSX. It would make
programming MUCH harder, and would be further from the MSX feeling.

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://www.aamsx.org