On Saturday 09 December 2000 18:57, you wrote:

> Does it runs now the future disk magazine ? I would like to read them
> using my monitor. :-)

I just tested with FD35A and that didn't work. It hangs while the text
routine should be active. I'll look into this problem, it's probably related
to line interrupts.

> What about fmpac sound? Is it as good as it was in Marcel DeKogel's
> fmsx-dos?

The FM-PAC sound I'm hearing under Linux is not very good. As far as I know,
it plays the right notes, but it doesn't emulate instruments. The Windows
sound, which uses MIDI, is a lot better. MIDI is also possible under Linux
ofcourse, but no-one wrote code for that yet. I'll look at that, in the best
case it nothing more than sending the MIDI data to /dev/midi, in the worst
case we'll have to use the OSS or ALSA sequencer.

> Last one,
> I didn't see in his hp the binaries for Linux, Marat isn't compiling it
> anymore?

I don't think Marat ever made Linux binaries. But it's not hard to compile it
yourself:
1. Download fMSX23.tar.Z.
2. "compress -d fMSX23.tar.Z"
3. "tar -xvf fMSX23.tar"
4. "cd MSX"
5. Edit Makefile, usually you only have to edit the "DEFINES =" line.
   This is the line I use:
   DEFINES = -DFMSX -DUNIX -DLSB_FIRST -DDEBUG -DMITSHM \
             -DDISK -DBPP24 -DNARROW -DSOUND
   If your X server doesn't use 24bpp, change -DBPP24 into 8, 16 or 32.
   If the compile fails because you don't have the shared memory library
   (unlikely), remove -DMITSHM.
6. "make"
7. Wait for the compile to finish and you'll have an executable named "fmsx"!

If this doesn't work, I can compile it for you. Tell me what color depth
(bits per pixel) your X server is running at and I'll mail you the
executable. This offer is available to other people as well.

Bye,
                Maarten