TFH/Fony wrote:

> > I see. Well, Marcel's fmsx-dos has a good fm emulation, I thought Marat
> was
> > using his code. He wrote his own or is he using Mame's OPLL emulation?
>
> Well, I wasn't too impressed with the FM-PAC emulation by Marcel to be quite
> honest. Anyway, I don't know what routines Marat used, just like under
> linux, it plays the right notes, but the instruments aren't emulated. All FM
> & SCC sounds sound like the standard PSG. So you hear the melody, but that's
> it. I hope Marat will do something about this in the future.

Since I have a CIEL MSX2+ turbo with fm, I wasn't that impressed too, but I must

say that Marcel's fm is the best one I ever saw in a emulator. I don't expect
Marat
will make it good, I don't think he is willing to make it real good. He has many
emulators
to develop, and I think he's not one of those guys that want to do his softs as
good as
possible. I think Ricardo Bittencourt
will get a great fmpac emulation in brmsx first. And Marat has yet to make a
good psg
emulation, with envelops and other things.

> I am kind of wondering when we will see the first MSX-Emulator with good
> MSX-Music & MSX-Audio emulation. Still haven't seen any. PSG & SCC don't
> seem to be a real problem, but FM-Sound seems to be quite hard for all our
> emulation programmers.

Yes, you're right about that. But I believe Ricardo can do it.

[]'s

Mauricio Braga.

"Computadores fazem arte.... Artistas fazem dinheiro... " Chico Science.