Hi,

----- Original Message -----
From: "TFH/Fony" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, January 20, 2001 10:47 PM
Subject: Re: extended ROM format

> >   Well, I am not an expert in ROMs world. But the only thing that I say is
> > that is better to append the extra data than to insert it at the beginning
> > of a file.
>
> Maybe a stupid idea: What about adding an extra filem instead of changing
> the original ROM?
> Like this:
>
> nemesis2.rom <- The original, unmodified .ROM image
> nemesis2.crc <- The file containing CRC and additional info.

Would be nice if Trunks updated the loadrom.com for MSX to suppot evt. the format so
normal msx user would also gain something out of it.

In my opinion a separate file is a better choice than tamper with converting the
million of rom images out there.
We will get even more dumb questions about the rom format in this list and in
comp.sys.msx.
Though the faq :-) has helped a lot on that.

A database of (CRC) files could be made so anyone could add it to their rom images if
they wish too...
I dunno if calculating crc is so good idea since there are several versions of same
cartridges with different data (beta versions etc) or patched ones.

Greetings from Bjørn Boye Skjoldhammer aka The Red Devil
How to contact? See: http://www.geocities.com/msxtrd/data.html
ICQ #20449307