> > Maybe some broken program accidentally wiped the FlashROM. Try to re-flash
> > the IDE BIOS.
> >
>  Not possible. IDEFLOAD cannot detect the IDE interface.

then you have to select the apropriate slotnumber yourself (with the
cursorkeys); (when the flashrom is completely erased, the computer can't
detect it; this is normal)

However, it seems to me that your MSX is broken (or not really MSX
compatible ?!) because it doesn't support the /CS1 signal on the
cartridgeconnector which is used by the IDE interface when reading the
ROM contents. This also explains why some games in ROM won't run on your
machine...

Success with the repair :-/

Jon