Ivan Latorre wrote:
> JP Grobler wrote:
>> Ideas regarding Sunrise ide:
[...]

Personally, loading the FAT16 driver from the FlashROM would seem even more
useful than IDEFDISK ^_^. Maybe someone can create a driver for it so that
the remaining FlashROM space can be used and accessed like a normal FAT12
drive? (something similar can be done with the turboR's SRAM, right?).

>> PS It is a great ide interface.
>>
> Yes.
>
> The CompactFlash interface is faster than the normal IDE interface,
> isn't it?

Yes it is, although it would be better to say that Compact Flash is faster
than common IDE harddisks. However not by much, with HDSPEED I measured a
reading speed of 230kb/s on my HD, and a speed of 260kb/s on my CF. I don't
think that's a very shocking difference :).

> I own both interfaces but still I haven't bought any CompactFlash card
> (256 and 512MB cards are quite expensive).

128MB cards are quite affordable, and I don't know how much HD space you are
using right now (and what you are possibly using it for), but I find 128MB
sufficient for my needs. And it seems I am quite a space-waster, because
other people said they can make do just fine with 64 and 32MB CF carts.

~Grauw

---