Sent: Friday, April 29, 2005 4:12 AM
Subject: [MSX] MSX-Audio BIOS upgrade for Music Module

Hi all,

I'm very proud to announce the conclusion of my latest project: The MSX-Audio BIOS upgrade for the Philips Music-Module.

With this upgrade the Music-Module will become a 100% MSX-Audio compliant device. It wasn't until now because it lacked the BIOS.

With this BIOS upgrade installed, your Music Module will be able to play ANY BASIC music written for the MSX-Music just by changing the CALL MUSIC command to CALL AUDIO. The ADPCM commands are also available and play/record Samples assincronously on BASIC.

All Compile DiskStations and almost all Compile Games will automatically detect and use your Music-Module now too.

The upgrade is very simple and (IMHO) easier to install than the 256KB SampleRAM tutorials published on the net.

You can get more details and see the entire article on www.msxpro.com, on the session Hardware->Projetos.

Best regards to the MSX community,
FRS